All Our Children
Career Fair - March 26, 2020
The Academic Oversight Committee (AOC) of the Bristol Borough Learning Centers partners with BBSD and its 21st Century community grants to support after-school and summer camp programs at Snyder-Girotti Elementary School, St. Mark School and Bristol High School Learning Centers, servicing over 300 students annually.
Through the Learning Centers’ programs, students’ academic growth, development and achievement are promoted and celebrated; volunteer, enrichment and career opportunities are provided; and educational excellence among the many dedicated stakeholders in Bristol Borough, and the collaboration and resource sharing among them, are fostered.
In response, in 2018, the AOC rolled out “All Our Children.” Based upon the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ACSD) model of “Educating the Whole Child,” it establishes five components – challenging academics; student health and safety; and community engagement and support – as crucial for creating a positive learning environment for all students.
Visit www.ascd.org/learningandhealth for more information.
Location: Snyder-Girotti Elementary School
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Successes to-date include:
· “All Our Children” action plans were included in BBSD’s most-recent comprehensive plan 2019 - 2022
· 900+ attended October 24, 2019 Wellness Fair
· On-going “Did You Know?” postings on social media and Borough business owners’ e-signs promote Borough students’ achievements
· Students participate in basketball and educational support as part of “Open Gyms” January – March 2020
· A Career Fair, hosted by BBSD, is scheduled for March 26, 2020. All Lower Bucks County students and parents are invited. Over 40 local business owners and professionals will be available to answer questions, and in some cases discuss current employment opportunities. See attached flyer.
Questions concerning “All Our Children” may be directed to AOC’s Gene Williams, 215.788.5460.